Amy tagged me for the 7 random things meme... here we go!
1. My maiden/middle name is Chroust, which means "beetle" in Czech. The funny thing is I have often been nicknamed "Bug," (as in, "Lainiebug") through much of my life, even before I knew what my name meant. Once I found out, I started collecting scarab jewelry.
2. Speaking of jewelry, John's and my wedding rings are reproductions of a poesy ring in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The inscription reads, "Vous et nul autre," which means "You and no other."
3. One of my biggest regrets is not going overseas in college. I am still kicking myself about this.
4. It makes me strangely giddy when I walk into Starbucks and they have my order already waiting for me.
5. I am addicted to pens and pencils. If one is left on the table in front of me -- even at a place of business or someone else's house -- it takes all my willpower not to
steal take it. When I was small, I had a whole desk drawer full of pens and pencils, and everyone in the house knew where to look for a writing implement. The other day, I was looking for a pen (they all seemed to have vanished from our junk drawer!). I went into my daughter's craft room and found a huge collection in a box. Apples don't fall far from the tree and all that.
6. I always have nail polish on my toes, but rarely on my fingers.
7. I am scared of the dentist. I once had a panic attack at the root canal specialist's. After he calmed me down, he told me I didn't need a root canal after all, but I think he just wanted to get rid of me.