No, not THAT kind of "adult" movie! Geesh! ;)
Yesterday I shared my top five Christmas movies for kids, so here are the ones I watch that are definitely family-friendly, but less entertaining to the wee ones:
1. Scrooged. John owned this on VHS when we met. I'd never seen it before, but it is now one of our favorite Christmas movies. Bill Murray is completely hilarious, and Karen Allen is charming.
2. Christmas with the Kranks. I read the book by John Grisham, Skipping Christmas, first. The movie is complete and utter unbelievable nonsense of the sweetest kind. Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis are at their slapstick best, with a great cameo by Dan Akroyd.
3. Elf. Let's just say, I love Will Ferrell. This movie is awful, but I love him -- in tights, even better! And throw in James Caan and how can you resist?
4. While You Were Sleeping. Not technically a Christmas movie, but a great deal of the action takes place around the holidays. Sandra Bullock is adorable as a subway token taker looking for love, and Bill Pullman is tolerable (not my fave actor).
5. It's a Wonderful Life. I didn't sit through this whole movie until I was well into adulthood. Now I wish I could watch it every day. What a testament to life! (note: I NEVER want to see this in the colorized version. I think it would wreck it for me.)
I know I missed a ton. Tell me your favorite Christmas movies!